Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ava taught herself to climb stairs!


MVI_0146
Originally uploaded by socojava
So yesterday I'm home alone with Ava, and I have to use the bathroom. So I secure her downstairs in the living room which is completely baby proofed....or so I thought! Ava was crying the whole time I was in the bathroom at the top of the stairs, so I had the door open and was talking to her so she could hear me. Well, as I'm washing up and about to come downstairs I hear a hand pat a stair. Now, I have seen Ava go up one stair, but then fall down...so I never expected this... As I walk out of the bathroom, who rounds the corner at the top of the stairs but none other than Ava! I couldn't believe it!! She had streaks from tears running down her face, but looked at me with a such a sly grin.
Anyways, we videotaped her climbing to share with others while Anna held up the rear in case she fell. Tomorrow we go buy gates!

No comments: